Monday-Friday 6 AM - 7 PM CT
Monday-Friday 6 AM - 7 PM CT
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE ODDS OF WINNING.
These Official Rules apply for The e-conolight Proudest Patriot Sweepstakes(“Sweepstakes”) conducted by Cree Lighting, 4401 Silicon Drive, Durham, NC 27703 (“Sponsor”) which will be promoted exclusively via email. By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to the Terms in these Official Rules.
1. ELIGIBILITY: SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANTS AND PRIZE RECIPIENTS MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ONE OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO AND ALL OTHER TERRITORIES) AND AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. SWEEPSTAKES SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Current employees, agents, officers, and directors of Cree Lighting. and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, dealers, vendors, retailers, franchisees, divisions, advertising and promotion, fulfillment and/or judging agencies, (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, or spouse) or households of any such employees are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, submit your photo(s), including your name and email address, between 7:30:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on June 20, 2019 and 7:29:00 AM EDT on June 27, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Entry Period”). (All personal information submitted is collectively referred to hereafter as an “Entry” or “Entries.”) Entries received after the Sweepstakes Entry Period are void and ineligible for consideration by the judges.
An email with a photo or photos constitutes one (1) entry into the sweepstakes. Limit: one (1) entry per person, per email address. Sponsor has the right to dispose of the Entries at Sponsor’s discretion. Entries that are deemed by the judges to be immoral, obscene, profane, lewd, not in keeping with Sponsor’s image, or in violation of these Official Rules will be disqualified. By entering the Sweepstakes, and only when the Sweepstakes requires submission of an Entry other than the personal information, Entrants agree that the Sponsor shall have the right to edit, modify, publish, use, reuse, not use, or otherwise exploit the Entry and any materials based thereon or derived there from, in any manner, for any lawful purposes whatsoever, including, without limitation, for use in the packaging, or for promotion or advertising purposes in any medium (whether now or hereafter known) throughout the world in perpetuity without further permission, consideration, or payment to the Entrant, except where prohibited by law. If, in the opinion of the judges or Sponsor, the Entry violates any law or infringes upon the rights of any third party, is inaccurate, illegible, incomplete, or irregular in any way, or otherwise does not comply with the Official Rules, the Sponsor may disqualify the Entry.
3. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
No substitution, cash equivalent, or transfer of a prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion.
4. ODDS OF WINNING AND WINNER SELECTION: The odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
On or about July 1, 2019, the Grand Prize winners (“Prize Winners”) will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received during the promotion period. Potential Prize Winners will be contacted through their email address to obtain a mailing address and are required to respond within the specified time frame and meet the eligibility requirements to be considered an official Prize winner of the Sweepstakes. A Prize Winner may forfeit their Prize if the Prize Winner does not respond within the time frame noted in the winner notification email. An alternate Prize Winner may be contacted should the Prize Winner be deemed ineligible.
Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls, mail or emails made to entrants not on behalf of the Sponsor. Each prize will only be awarded upon winner verification and final approval of Sponsor and its designees. Entrants are only allowed to win one (1) prize during this Sweepstakes. Once their name is selected they are no longer eligible to win another prize during the remainder of this Sweepstakes. No prize substitution, cash equivalent of prizes, transfer or assignment of prize permitted, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to award a prize or portion thereof of equal or greater value if any prize or portion thereof becomes unavailable. Prize Winners may each be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, tax acknowledgment form and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release and return within ten (10) business days of issuance of notification. Eligibility, age, and claims made by Prize Winners are subject to verification. As part of the affidavit, and only when the Sweepstakes requires submission of an Entry other than the personal information, Prize Winners each agree to irrevocably grant Sponsor the royalty-free right throughout the world to edit, modify, publish, use, reuse, not use, or otherwise exploit the Entry, and any material based thereon or derived there from, in any manner, for any lawful purposes whatsoever, including, without limitation, for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium (whether now or hereafter known) throughout the world in perpetuity without further permission, consideration, or payment to the Entrant or Prize Winner, except where specifically prohibited by applicable law. In the event the Prize Winner is deemed a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her state of residence, the Prize Winner's parent or legal guardian will be required to sign and return all documents. If the Prize Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible or fails to properly claim the prize in accordance with these Official Rules, or if the prize notification/prize is returned undeliverable; or if the winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit that prize and an alternate Prize Winner will be chosen from among the remaining eligible entries. If a Prize Winner refuses to accept the prize offered within 10 days after being notified, or if the Prize Winner is ineligible, the Prize Winner will forfeit that prize and an alternate Prize Winner will be chosen from among the remaining entries. Sponsor reserves the right to award only the number of prizes stated in Paragraph 3.
5. DISQUALIFICATION: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (i) electronic transmissions or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, or misdirected; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation of transmission, communication failures, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sponsor ’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (iv) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these rules; or (v) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with utilized in the Sweepstakes. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified. If for any reason this Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, or if this Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, or if fire, flood, explosion, war, embargo, government requirement, fraudulent, criminal or grossly negligent acts, security breaches, civil or military authority, terrorism, acts of God, acts or omissions of carriers, or any other cause beyond Sponsor ’s control, interferes with the Sweepstakes proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, the Sponsor , may, without prior notice, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part. If this Sweepstakes is terminated before the original end date, at which time, the judging of all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date/time will be conducted as described in Paragraph 4 above. In the event of termination of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor will post the notice regarding the termination on its Facebook page. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or who enters using any automatic or programmed entry duplication method. This Sweepstakes may be cancelled in the event an insufficient number of qualified Entries are received that fail to meet the minimum standards established by the judges.
The Sweepstakes Entities do not assume any responsibility for any disruption in the Sweepstakes caused by circumstance or other unforeseen events outside of the control of the Sweepstakes Entities. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures and other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control.
6. GENERAL: By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, Entrants and Prize Winners: (1) agree to be bound by these Official Rules; (2) agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability for any claim, loss, harm, damages, regulatory action, costs, or expenses (including without limitation property damages, personal injury, and/or death) arising out of participating in this Sweepstakes, the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a prize, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or infringement of any other intellectual property right; (3) agree to share information contained in their Entry with Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities; (4) consent to the use of their names, voices, photographs, and/or likenesses, biographical information, and all materials submitted to Sponsor, and any material based thereon or derived there from, for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium (whether now or hereafter known) throughout the world in perpetuity without additional permission or compensation unless prohibited by law; and (5) agree to participate in any and all publicity and promotional activities (except where prohibited) in connection with this Sweepstakes.
7. INTERNET: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR AND SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of any entry based on an email address, the entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry.
"Authorized Account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an email service provider.
8. TAX INFORMATION: All federal, state, local, and other income taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the applicable Prize Winner, and each Prize Winner may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of his/her prize.
9. GENERAL INFORMATION: This Sweepstakes is conducted in English (which will be given its everyday ordinary meaning), and any and all disputes will be resolved in the appropriate courts in New York, New York exclusively, and subject to the laws of New York. Should there be a conflict between the laws of New York and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of New York. Entrants irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non-convenience or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
10. WINNER LIST: To receive the name of Prize Winners, send a #10 self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by July 1, 2019 to: